• Follow me on:

Monday, September 26, 2011

z-index problem with flash movie in Google Chrome

Google Chrome another browser in the family of Internet Explorer creating problems for web designers.  I cam through this problem in a project where my requirement was to run a flash movie in background and the menu/navigation is to be placed over it.
     For such kind of problem z-index and position:absolute is enough to solve them.  I did the same but when cross browser testing was done in Google Chrome the menu/navigation was not over the flash movie, the flash movie was coming all over the navigation.  I re-checked the CSS properties but it wasn't a problem.  To solve this you have to make little change in the embed tag properties of your <object> <embed> tag.

Just make the wmode=transparent and you are done.
      It was done with chrome, but I havent got solution for IE.  For IE I have to write a little coding, just checked the browser if its IE then use Image instead of the movie.  I know I know you must be saying this is not a solution, but I was unable to figure out.  If any one get solution for this problem in IE please share.

Share Your Solutions

No comments:

Post a Comment

All Rights Reserved Jaydharphics Click To Mail Me (+91 9564 5592 84)